MLD 101 CE
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Course - Foundations of MLD 101
9 - 4 pm each day
From the LTS Clinic of Florida to you, this comprehensive "must have" course introduces professionals to America's most requested Vodder-style MLD and its historic spread to the U.S. through Robert Lerner, M.D. Examine Lymphatic System A & P in a fun, interactive format. Then, explore pathophysiology and know the indications and contraindications of MLD. Enjoy learning a hands on, full body basic MLD sequence and time & cost efficient assessments. Conclude the tour with an introduction to compression garments & Lymphosize lab experiencing the daily self care of patients/clients.
Each course includes 7 pillars:
1. Anatomy & Physiology
2. Core Competency (MLD Lab)
3. Self Care of the Client/Pt. (HEP, Donning & Doffing Techniques and More)
4. Assessment Tools
5. Research & Resources
6. Clinical Documentation
7. Case Studies & Outcomes
Who Should Take This Course and CEU’s:
Healthcare professionals with a desire to utilize Manual Lymph Drainage for their facility or practice are welcome to attend. Keep in mind, this is the same program taught on college campuses, and the level of the material is at an Associate/Bachelor’s level. If you desire a conservative pace, do consider our in-house training program which offers smaller class sizes and more individualized instruction.
The MLD Institute provides FL CE Broker Approved CEU’s to multiple healthcare professions and is an NCBTMB Approved Provider.
As with all Continuing Education courses, it is recommended participants check with their state and national organizations prior to registration. Once a course has been taken, no refund will be issued. Do understand that CEU requirements change frequently with each profession and each state.
- MLD sequences for a variety of conditions.
- Timely sequences appropriate for the clinical setting and billing.
- Understanding of MLD’s use in the American healthcare system.
- Relevant research & resources for clients/patients.
- Medical terminology & standardized abbreviations.
- Measuring protocols of basic medical grade compression garments.
- Clinical Documentation (from the LTS Clinic used for billing).
- Time & Cost effective bandaging protocols for the client/patient and the facility.
- Proper positioning for delivery of MLD for special populations.
NCBTMB Provider: #450512-07
$150 deposit – MLD 101
$350.00 if deposit
$400.00 if registered after October 15, 2016
Tuition includes 12 CEU Credits.